Daily Bread Community Food Pantry
The Daily Bread Community Food Pantry is the fourth largest food pantry in Montgomery County, serving approximately 300 families or 1,200 individuals each month.
The pantry serves a broad area in Montgomery County – from the northern reaches of Perkiomenville and Gilbertsville to the southern areas of Collegeville and Eagleville. It is overseen by the Community Action Development Commission (CADCOM), the leading anti-poverty agency in Montgomery County.
Unlike many other food pantries, the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry attempts to provide a full week of emergency food for all those it serves. It aims to provide personal care products not covered by Food Stamps that hit hard at family food shopping budgets. This includes items like toilet paper, feminine care products, diapers and wipes, and hygiene supplies.
The pantry also provides food for special populations. For example, there are diabetic and gluten-free food and supplies, food for beloved family pets, and special packages for new mothers or guardians that include things like formula, diapers, and wipes.
There are many ways to get involved. The Daily Bread Community Food Pantry is looking for individuals who can:
- Give out food to pantry participants or help participants carry their food to their cars during food distribution hours on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings.
- Pick up food from one of our supermarket, store, or restaurant partners at the designated time every week.
- Assist in stocking shelves
- Provide staffing to accept food donations.
- Openings on Thursdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to accept food donations.
- Assist in set-up and tear down of the annual Holiday Party held in December and spend time in between socializing.
- No transportation will be provided