The auction, which consists of 130+ items and experiences, will open on Wednesday, April 1 at 12 p.m. and will close on Friday, April 3 at 9 p.m. EST.
Up for auction this year will be plenty of unique items and experiences, including:
- A painting of the Ursinus campus by artist Kate Bormann ’18
- 3D-printed shoes from Carbon, the company co-founded by this year’s Bear2Bear Impact Award for Leadership and Service award winner and honoree, Joseph M. DeSimone ’86
- An Apple watch (Series 5)
- Signed paperback copies of Summer of ’69 and a signed advance copy of 28 Summers by author Elin Hilderbrand
- A week’s worth of Professor Vic Tortorelli’s bowties
- A chance to win your very own Sycamore tree on campus
- Themed gift baskets
- Other items ranging from dining, jewelry, handbags, wine & spirits, Ursinus memorabilia, vacations and more
Everyone is invited to participate in the auction and to follow along on social media on April 3 where we will share videos, impact stories, auction updates and information about this year’s honoree, Joseph M. DeSimone ’86.
The Bear2Bear Student Emergency Fund, which is 100 percent donor-funded, supports students facing temporary financial hardship as a result of an emergency or crisis by providing grants to those who have exhausted all other sources of funding, as well as completion grants for students.
Amid the uncertainty and changes that COVID-19 has brought to our region, the Bear2Bear Student Emergency Fund is now, more than ever, a significant resource for students facing hardship during this unprecedented moment in our history.
For more information and to register to participate in the auction, visit the Bear2Bear Benefit & Bash website, or contact Jamie Karinch, associate director of annual giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-409-3144. –By Mary Lobo ’15
Special thanks to our 2020 Bear2Bear Benefit & Bash Sponsors
- Joan and Will ’61 Abele and the Abele Family Foundation
- DeSimone Family
Rhoda Blumenthal Hershman ’52
Jane B. Daggett P’ 88 and William O. Daggett, Jr. ’62, P’ 88
- Accupac, Inc
- David S. Kovach ’90, P’21
- John E.F. Corson P’04 and Carol A. Corson P’04
- Michael Markman P’20 and Lynne Markman P’20
- Pat Clark Bowman ’73 and Tom Bowman
- Rob Wonderling P’16 and Kristin Wonderling P’16
- Sodexo Food Service
- Susan Callahan ’85, P’21 and Matt Callahan ’83, P’21
- Tozour Energy Systems
- Michael T. Piotrowicz ’78, P’05 and Pamela K. Piotrowicz ’80, P’05
- Ellen Staurowsky ’77
- Jim and Jill Marsteller ’78, P’18
- Mark B. Schneider, Ph.D.
- PhillyCOM, Inc.
- Robert J. Spennato, D.M.D.’85
- Terry Connell ’72
- Obermayer, Rebmann, Maxwell & Hippel LLP
- Nina B. Stryker Esq. ’78, P’19 and Keith Stryker P’19
- Peg Williams ’80