SAAC is dedicated to promoting excellence in academics and athletics, sportsmanship, citizenship and volunteerism while serving a liaison function between the college’s student athletes, and the athletic administration.
Promote communication between athletics, administration, faculty, student-athletes and the Ursinus community.
• Disseminate athletic department information
• Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues.
• Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletic department formulation of policies.
• Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
• Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
• Organize community service efforts.
• Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees.
• Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
The Drew Fund
SAAC raised over $1,000 for The Drew Fund by selling “DREW STRONG” bracelets
- Drew O’Donoghue, brother of Ursinus sophomore lacrosse player Pat, passed away on 2-14-14 after a year-long battle with Adrenal Cortical Cancer. In memory of Drew, a fund has been set up in his name.
- For more information on Drew’s fund visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZm0wXYzcd4