- The LIT Spring 2021 Lunch and Learn schedule is now available. They occur every other Friday from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. over Zoom at https://go.ursinus.edu/LITTrainings and can be found on the Ursinus events calendar. As always, the trainings are recorded and posted on the Professional Development with LIT website.
- Did you miss the Canvas and Panopto training sessions on January 6 and 7? If so, you can access the recordings and check out the Canvas and Panopto help pages.
- Christine Iannicelli has been promoted to Assistant Director of Research, Teaching, and Learning Services. Christine will be taking a lead role in Ursinus’ digital liberal arts initiatives, including managing the DLA Fellows program, partnering with faculty to incorporate digital projects in the classroom, and co-coordinating the Digital Studies minor. Sue Ragusa will be providing Instructional Technology support in the areas of Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto. If you have any questions about instructional technology, please email email@example.com and either Christine or Sue will get back to you promptly.
- Network Operations and Enterprise Information have now merged into a single sub-department, with Jamie Shuttlesworth leading the group. If you have any questions related to their area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The library is open to faculty, staff, and students and continues to be closed to community members. You can find the hours on the library website.
- There will be no physical course reserves this semester, but Interlibrary Loan is fully operational and librarians continue to be available for in-person and virtual class workshops and research consultations.
- A comprehensive journals and database collections review will occur this Spring.
- Digital Commons continues to digitize research projects and special collections, including the Trappe Historical Newspapers, and Andy Prock has created a comprehensive report detailing the history and growth of the institutional repository over the last 3 years.
- If you would like to create an exhibit in the library exhibit cases sometime this semester, please contact email@example.com.
- Canvas has a new Rich Content Editor.
- Zoom has a number of new features.
- Zoom recorded sessions are now stored in Panopto. Consult our Panopto help page to learn more.
- An Ursinus cybersecurity assessment was completed by GreyCastle and various recommendations were made on ways to improve our cybersecurity.
- Team Dynamix, our new ticketing system, will be launched soon. Stay tuned for more information.
These are just some of the topics that LIT covered during the Lunch and Learn. Please watch the recorded session to learn more.