What’s New in LIT?
A lot! There are of number of updates and new resources and services available from Library and IT.
- Our first-floor library lounge has been rebranded as the Collaboratory! It includes several small group tables, some of which are equipped with TVs.
- There is a new Windows computer lab on the 2nd floor.
- The Office of Disability and Access is temporarily housed in the UCare space on the lower level.
Information Technology Updates
- Wi-Fi access is available through two wireless networks: Ursinus Secure, which should be used by Ursinus faculty, staff, and students; and Ursinus Public, which should be used by guests and for devices that cannot connect to Ursinus Secure (e.g. game consoles, streaming sticks).
- We have a variety of new technologies available to check out at the Learning Curve, including cameras, microphones, and Raspberry Pis.
- Check out the touchscreen on the main floor of the library, which highlights faculty work and academic news, and send us anything you want featured there. There’s also new digital signage in the Wismer Dining Hall.
- We have a new digital fluency program! Integrating our information literacy and instructional technology services for students, the digital fluency program offers curricular and co-curricular opportunities for students to develop their research and technical skills from the time they arrive to the time they graduate. Consult our Digital Fluency website to learn more about the program and access our online resources.
- You can log in to your library account to see what you have checked out from the library, renew materials, and save searches that you run in the system.
- There is a new feature in our library system that will let you see your borrowing history for library materials. However, you must opt-in to this feature. To enable it, login to your library account, navigate to the Profile tab, and toggle on the feature that says, “Enable my borrowing history”.
- Our website was redesigned to be more streamlined and easier to navigate. You can access our website at http://www.ursinus.edu/LIT.
- Have a question for our staff? Use our new Self-Service portal to submit a ticket. Sign in to the portal with your Ursinus credentials to check the status of your ticket requests and to access our new Knowledge Base, which includes training documentation and answers to frequently asked questions.
- In place of Lunch and Learns this semester, we are working on recording tutorials and creating Knowledge Base articles. You can access all our recorded trainings on our Training and Workshops website (replacing the former Professional Development with LIT site) and our Knowledge Base articles at https://requests.ursinus.edu.