Open Educational Resources (OER) and Affordable Learning Initiatives
- Last week, Kerry Gibson shared current events for (OER) and U.S. Federal Government Documents.
- Monday, Andy Prock wrote about International Open Access Week 2022 Calls for Action.
- Wednesday, Diane Skorina, Librarian of the College, shared information about current OER initiative investments at Ursinus.
- The Affordable Learning Working Group hosted an Open Access Week Lunch with Deborah Barkun and Nicholas Scoville presenting their efforts to use and create OERs: SmARThistory as an Open Educational Resource
- If you are curious or want to learn more about Open Educational Resources, please check out our Open Educational Resources LibGuide.
We are also excited to share that Ursinus has recently joined the Open Education Network in efforts to increase and improve Access, Affordability, Inclusion, and Academic Success through open education.
The OEN’s Open Textbook Library (OTL) currently offers 1107 open textbooks on a variety of subjects licensed by authors and publishers to be freely used, adapted, downloaded, edited, and distributed at no cost. Here are details about the OTL’s Open Textbook Criteria.
We hope you join the Affordable Learning Working Group and LIT in celebrating and improving awareness of Open Educational Resources.