Did You Know?
Did you know these facts and updates from the Library and IT Department?
Teaching and Presentation Resources
- A librarian can partner with faculty to design assignments, embed content into Canvas courses, and/or lead a class workshop. Contact your library liaison for research-related topics and email@example.com for technology-related topics.
- You can use Present Live to share a link to your PowerPoint with your students or audience so they can follow along on their own devices and turn captions on.
- You can enable real-time, automatic captioning on your PowerPoints.
- Zoom recordings automatically upload to Panopto, our video hosting platform. Within Panopto, you can edit videos, edit automated captioning, add quizzes, and much more! Consult our Panopto instructions for more information.
- You can now use presenter mode when projecting a PowerPoint with Solstice, a wireless presentation software available in many classrooms and meeting rooms. Consult our Solstice instructions to learn more.
- You can now schedule a specific time for a page to publish in Canvas.
- Digital Commons, Ursinus College’s institutional repository, is available to promote and archive faculty publications and highlight exemplary student work. If you are interested in sharing old or new articles, monograph chapters, conference presentations, Baden lectures or noteworthy student projects, please reach out to Andy Prock (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
Student and Research Resources
- Through the library, you have access to over 80 databases, including statistical databases, discipline-specific databases, streaming video, newspapers, and more! Consult our databases for all your research needs.
- Did you find a helpful article or book but we don’t have it in full-text? Interlibrary loan it!
- We have a variety of technologies available to check out at the Learning Curve, including cameras, microphones, and Raspberry Pis.
- There is a new Commuter Lounge on the lower level of the library. Come check it out!
- Have a question for our staff? Use our new Self-Service portal to submit a ticket. Sign in to the portal with your Ursinus credentials to check the status of your ticket requests and to access our Knowledge Base, which includes training documentation and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Tired of having to log in every time you access an Ursinus application? Sign-in to https://ursinus.okta.com instead! From here, you can access a variety of Ursinus software and applications, including Office 365, Canvas, Colleague, Qualtrics, and more.
Faculty and Staff