Department: Leadership Development & Student Activities
- Total number of positions: 1
- Positions currently available: 1
- Accepting applications: Spring
- Pay grade: 10/hr
The Leadership Development & Student Activities Office at Ursinus College invites you to apply for the position of Summer Associate. We are seeking a responsible, energetic, self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with a general knowledge of the campus to join our team.
The Summer Associate plays a critical role in the day to day functions of the Student Activities Office. This person may handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced work environment, and maintain a positive attitude throughout the day. This person works closely with the office in planning for the upcoming academic year. The Summer Associate provides creative and fun new ways to engage the Ursinus Community. The position of Summer Associate is an appointment effective May 8 -June 30 and August 1-August 26.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Be willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) during New Student Orientation in both June and August, and must take an active role in the activities and events occurring at these times.
- Support the Leadership Development & Student Activities Office in daily operations. Including but not limited to answering phones, making room reservations, calling prospective students and parents, sending out correspondence related to orientation, advertising for events, etc.
- Assist in the set-up and implementation of any events occurring in the Wismer Lower Lounge, such as Late Night Lower, Summer Fellows socials, and August Orientation Dance Party, etc.
- Provide general housekeeping duties as required following events held in Wismer Lower Lounge including but not limited to vacuuming, rearranging furniture, picking up trash, and removing outdated posters.
- Inventory and organize Student Activities equipment and supplies.
- Maintain the Student Activities website, Wufoo form builder, email, and the internal announcement system (slides on the TVs in the Wismer Center).
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have ability to certify to drive a college van.
- Maintain and operate all social media outlets for the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum 2.5 GPA; Good academic and social standing with the college. Candidates should possess strong communication, creative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, have computer experience, and must be able to work 35 hours a week Monday – Friday between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM. additionally, applicants should have previous A/V experience or demonstrate a willingness to learn equipment set-ups.