Department: Leadership Development & Student Activities
- Total number of positions: 1
- Positions currently available: 1
- Accepting applications: Spring
- Pay grade: 10/hr
The Leadership Development & Student Activities Office at Ursinus College invites you to apply for the position of Programming Associate. We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated and goal-oriented individual with a strong knowledge of the campus and its policies to join our team.
The Programming Associate plays a critical role in the day to day functions of the Student Activities Office. This person may handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced work environment, and maintain a positive attitude throughout the day. This person works closely with the office to install and execute on campus programming as well as off campus. The Programming Associate provides creative and fun new ways to engage the Ursinus Community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Move and setup audio/visual equipment including speakers, soundboards, lights, projectors, game systems (Xbox, Wii), and televisions. (Some speakers weigh between 50-100 lbs.)
• Provide primary supervision of the Campus Center Managers.
• Serve as a member of the student worker selection and evaluation committee, create and maintain the Campus Center Managers schedule, and review all on-duty reports.
• Train the Campus Center Managers in equipment setups, Late Night Lower programming, and overall use of the Wismer Student Center.
• Conduct staff meetings as necessary.
• Assist campus organizations as well as students interested in starting campus organizations related but not limited to room reservations, AFAC funding, fundraising, etc.
• Work closely with the Campus Activities Board (CAB) in the planning of all CAB activities.
• Coordinate and create SAO programming advertisements including posters, TV ads, and e-mail advertisements.
• Assist in general office responsibilities as assigned.
• Maintain the Student Activities website, Wufoo form builder, email, and the internal announcement system (slides on the TVs in the Wismer Center).
• Maintain and consistently update all social media for LD/SAO (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Inventory and organize Student Activities equipment and supplies.
• Assist the LD/SAO professional staff in the preparation for all special events occurring in Wismer Student Center including set-up for audio/video requests or technical support. Additionally, other campus locations when utilized by campus groups.
• Oversee special projects (ie. VIP Late Night Lower, game tournaments) as they may arise in the Leadership Development & Student Activities Office
Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum 2.5 GPA; Good academic and social standing with the college. Candidates should possess strong communication, creativity, organizational and interpersonal skills, have computer experience, and should be willing to work shifts between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. The position of Programming Associate is a one-year appointment.