Department: Center for International Programs
- Total number of positions: 2
- Positions currently available: 2
- Accepting applications: Spring
The International Student Ambassadors organize International Student Orientation in late August and mid-January for first-year International students and Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTA’s). The International Student Ambassadors help the International students and FLTAs feel welcomed by the Ursinus community and adjust to American culture.
The International Student Ambassadors are responsible for:
• Coordinating the International Student Orientation Coordinate e-mail correspondence over the summer with International Students
• Create and present workshops that deal with culture shock and an introduction to American culture
• Creating and administering a tour of Ursinus campus including administration offices, Wellness Center and student service offices
• Arranging bank account set up and insurance presentation
• Shopping trip to purchase necessary items for their residence hall room
• Planning fun activities – i.e. trip to the King of Prussia Plaza, outlets, bowling, movies, etc.
• Using public transportation for a trip to Philadelphia
• Transporting students to campus from Philadelphia International airport
• Arranging transportation during the academic year as needed.
• Being on call from August 16th to 1st day of classes
• Planning and conducting educational and social events throughout the fall and spring semesters
• Serving as a mentor to the International students
• Monthly meetings with the Director of First-Year Programs and the International Student Advisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Must have current driver’s license and have at least 2 years driving experience from the date the license was issued
• Must be in good academic standing (2.75 GPA)
• Must have international experience
• Good organizational and administrative skills
• Great communication skills
• Reliability and commitment
• Initiative to work independently