Originally from Des Moines, Iowa, David holds a BA in Landscape Architecture and Visual Studies from the University of California, Berkeley, and an MFA in Painting from the Rhode Island School of Design. He has exhibited work in New York, Brooklyn, Boston, Philadelphia, Providence, RI, and Oakland, CA. While not on campus, you’re likely to find him in the studio, on a bicycle, or at one of Philadelphia’s many museums or artist-run galleries. David lives and works in Philadelphia and teaches all levels of painting and printmaking at Ursinus.
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- M.F.A., Rhode Island School of Design
- Introduction to Painting
- Introduction to Printmaking
- Introduction to Drawing
- Intermediate and Advanced Studio Practices
- 19th and 20th-century art history
- Mapping and ecological systems
- Landscape archetypes and taxonomies
- Color theory
- Exhibition design
- Vernacular/regional art and architecture
Exhibition participant and organizer of SPACE: OPEN at the College of Environmental Design, University of California, Berkeley. Winter 2016.
Group exhibition at DM Contemporary. New York, NY. Summer 2015.
Artist in residence at Anderson Ranch Arts Center. Snowmass, CO. Spring 2015.