The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with the administration and organization of a successful athletic program that competes in the Centennial Conference at the NCAA Division III level.
Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of a successful sports program, including but not limited to:
- Prepare, schedule and organize daily practice sessions, game preparation for competition and off-season training;
- Recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, Centennial Conference, and Ursinus College policies and procedures;
- Provide general advising, mentoring and support to student-athletes;
- Engage in regular consultation with athletic training personnel to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes;
- Demonstrate concern for the overall welfare of student athletes at all times;
- Engage in ethical decision-making and outstanding sportsmanship;
- Execute all of these responsibilities in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the tennis program, of the Department of Athletics, and Ursinus College.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of rules and techniques of the specific sport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning ability
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Centennial Conference rules and regulations
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.