The Assistant Director (AD) of Admission plays a significant role in the enrollment operation of Ursinus College. As a crucial leader in the Office of Admission, the AD acts as a significant support in strategically implementing a highly efficient, team-based enrollment management model.
The AD plays a key leadership role in the Office of Admission by providing informal mentorship and guidance to fellow members of the staff. This includes acting as a role model of exemplary admission practices as well as taking an active role in the campus community. A proactive and nimble approach to evolving environments in application development, project management, and higher education trends is needed for successful outcomes.
The AD is also an acting member of the Admission team, managing a recruitment territory, representing the College to prospective students, families, & counselors, and performing all other functions of the counseling staff. Therefore, 8-10 weeks of travel is required annually, as are some evening and weekend hours.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of admission, higher education, or related experience
- An in-depth knowledge of, and passion for, the liberal arts
- A celebration of diversity, both in the workplace and in student population
- A high proficiency in multi-tasking as well as strategic thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to play a significant role in the mentorship and guidance of staff
- A collaborative and transparent approach to problem-solving
- A desire to join and foster a dynamic, transformative campus culture
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand in one place for significant amounts of time and ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s Degree and/or 3+ years of admission experience at a regionally accredited, liberal arts institution
- Experience with data and reporting, and a desire to provide enrollment research support
- In-depth knowledge of Slate CRM
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply online here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus College is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.