Department: Leadership Development and Student Activities
- Total number of positions: 8
- Positions currently available: 8
- Accepting applications: Spring
- Pay grade: AE
The Leadership Development & Student Activities Office Staff at Ursinus College invites you to apply for the position of Campus Center Managers. We are seeking energetic, organized and fun spirited individuals that have a general knowledge of the events on campus to join our team.
Campus Center Managers play a critical role in the night life events and functions of the Student Activities Office. Campus Center Managers are often see in lower late at night managing the pool tables, board games, video games, and most famous the free popcorn on the weekends. If you love the events on campus that the SAO houses including off campus trips to late night lowers, this is a job for you. You will be involved with the events on campus, and in charge of running events yourself throughout the semester.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Provide and Maintain late night lower board games, videos, gaming systems, pool equipment, and much more
• Assist students, faculty, and staff with the microphone, speaker, and television projector equipment during programs
• Providing, organizing, and running your own event once a semester.
• Arrive to shifts on time, remain at the CCM station for the duration of the shift
Shift times: Sun-Wed 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 5:00pm-1:00am.
• Be able and willing to work on the scheduled weekend shifts assigned at the beginning of the semester.
• Monitor all rooms and areas of Wismer during hourly rounds, providing a detailed count of how many people use the Student Center facilities and noting the condition of the building.
• Set up any movies, music, microphones, and speakers requested. (Training will be given at the beginning of the semester)
• Provide general housekeeping duties as required especially for events held in Wismer Lower Lounge (these include but are not limited to: vacuuming, sweeping, moping, rearranging furniture, picking up trash, and removing outdated posters).
• Assist in the set-up and implementation of any events occurring in the Wismer Lower Lounge during shift, including Late Night Lower.
• Assist the Leadership Development & Student Activities Office with office work (making copies, running on-campus errands, etc.)
• Organize the equipment closet.
• Keep track of and maintain the pool equipment and darts.
• Be willing to work at least 1 shift during finals.
• Be able to stay on campus until graduation.
• Attend bi-weekly staff meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
Minimum 2.5 GPA; Good academic and social standing with the college. Candidates should possess strong communication, creativity, organizational and interpersonal skills, have computer experience, and should be willing to work shifts between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. The position of Campus Center Manager is a one-year appointment.