We are now accepting applications for 2 vacancies for Campus Safety Officers. The 2 positions available are full-time and have different shift details:
Vacancy #1: 40 hours/week; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 p.m. to 7 a.m. and Saturday 7:00 p.m. to 5 a.m. (four 10-hour shifts)
Vacancy #2: 36 hours/week; Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (three 12-hour shifts)
Campus Safety is a division of Student affairs and provides safety and security services for the College community. Campus Safety Officers report to the Director of Campus Safety.
- Patrol campus buildings, grounds and roadways on foot, by bike and by vehicle.
- Respond to alarms, emergency calls, and suspicious activities; evaluate situations, request assistance, and/or takes other appropriate action as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective college and community relationships.
- Respond to non-emergency calls for service.
- Protect campus property by inspecting and checking security of doors, windows and alarms. Patrol and secure campus buildings.
- Perform incident scene control and investigation.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs staff members to address student conduct, medical concerns and crisis response.
- Provide assistance to local and state police, fire, and emergency medical responders, when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare incident reports, including necessary supporting documentation. Perform other administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Enforce parking regulations, issue parking citations, and assist with campus vehicle registration process.
- Provide vehicle assistance, including jump-starts and vehicle lock-out assistance.
- Provide parking and security assistance at campus functions.
- Provide information, respond to questions, and give directions to students, staff, and visitors.
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of higher education setting and ability to work with persons of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply online here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.