Campus Safety Officer
Campus Safety is a division of Student Affairs and works closely with all college departments to ensure the security and safety needs of the students and college community are being met. Campus Safety Officers report to the Executive Director of Campus Safety and Emergency Preparedness and the Assistant Director of Campus Safety. Campus Safety Officers are unarmed, non-sworn employees of the college, who are tasked with providing a safe and secure environment for the Ursinus community. Campus Safety Officers are the first responders to all critical incidents that take place on campus. Campus Safety Officers will be expected to begin the incident management process and initiate appropriate emergency response procedures as needed.
The Campus Safety Officer conducts proactive patrols of college buildings, facilities, and the grounds on campus. Campus Safety Officers respond to reports of crimes, suspicious activities, and other general calls for service. A key part of this position is the ability to work collaboratively with other college departments in resolving incidents. Campus Safety Officers must be able to interact with members of the Ursinus community in a professional and positive manner by utilizing customer service skills.
Individuals seeking this position will need to have the ability to work shifts other than those normally worked, including weekends, holidays, and special events. Regular in-service training is required.
- Conducts proactive patrol of college buildings, facilities, property, and other assets
- Enforce parking regulations
- Respond to all security and life safety incidents on campus and complete incident reports when necessary
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other CSOs and members of the Ursinus community
- Works to further the strategic goals of Student Affairs and the College through thoughtful interactions with all members of the Community.
- Attend/participate in in-service training and specialized training programs
Requirements and Qualifications
- HS Diploma required
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.