Reporting to the Executive Director of Alumni and Parent Relations, the Associate Director of Alumni Relations will be responsible for regional alumni engagement programming. The Associate Director will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing, and managing programs/initiatives that strategically engage alumni, build affinity for the College and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students.
- Design and implement new volunteer engagement opportunities, including new leadership group to engage College alumni in key regions. Serve as relationship manager with regional leaders to manage and support programmatic strategy. In consultation with the Executive Director plan meeting agendas, manage a pipeline of potential volunteers for new volunteer leadership committee and proactively identify new prospective volunteers.
- Maintain and expand inventory of engagement opportunities by deepening partnership with Career and Post-Graduate Development, Admissions and academic departments; serve as the primary liaison between these groups and Advancement to create new pathways for alumni participation.
- Develop professional networking opportunities for alumni and students and support career initiatives and communities by engaging alumni in various ways with the college and students.
- Oversee regional communications and event registrations through use of broadcast email tools, mailings, event registration tools, and social media.
- Plan, develop a strategy for, and coordinate regional alumni events essential to the College’s mission and alumni engagement efforts, particularly those regions with large alumni populations; keep records of activity and provide reports to other staff and alumni.
- Develop virtual alumni community-building events and programs.
- Manage a regional budget for events and programs. Develop timeline and strategies to achieve goals. Outline and implement a calendar of regional events. Develop systems for training, managing and stewarding regional volunteers. Inspires them to greater levels of engagement and giving.
- Participate in reunion planning for milestone reunions in the fall and spring and manage designated classes.
- Oversee the annual alumni awards program, including recruitment and management of the alumni nominations committee; develop a strategy to build and maintain a pipeline of alumni nominations; and serve as the point person for annual alumni honorees.
- Assist with major alumni weekends and events, including Alumni Weekend, Homecoming and Family Weekend, Commencement, Council meetings, and others.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in higher education or related experience or development field.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills are necessary. Superior editorial skills, mature judgment and attention to detail required.
- Substantial track record of successful volunteer management required.
- Must have experience working with multiple projects simultaneously and be able to work independently.
- Must have extensive events management experience, and uncompromising customer service orientation
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, discretion and collaboration.
- Position requires evening/weekend and travel assignments.
- Sophisticated understanding of social media technologies and strong comfort level in using and applying these tools in a strategic, integrated fashion.
- Strong commitment to the values of a progressive liberal arts college and the ability to champion them.
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions.
- Availability and flexibility to travel as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and team members in the Advancement office and throughout the College. Participates in Advancement Office meetings and other key College staff meetings.
- Provides support to office leadership, as needed, for priority projects. Serves to help educate faculty and staff about the Advancement office and its mission and goals.
- Possesses knowledge and experience with computer programs that support the Advancement Department including Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge.
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.