The Ursinus Conferences and Special Events Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting a busy, year-round, revenue-producing conferences and special events operation in all aspects including marketing and business development. He or she will work closely with the CASE Director, CASE staff and College Communications to support the of marketing brand-specific initiatives aimed at increasing revenue, building our client base and promoting Ursinus College as a destination.
The primary role of the coordinator is to assist in the creation of a comprehensive marketing plan for the Conferences and Special Events Office and independently follow through on specific tasks related to the execution of that plan. Duties will include:
- Collaborating on the development of and execution of an annual comprehensive marketing plan: executing scheduled tasks, keeping record of progress and completing to deadline.
- Maintaining and updating event listings, the CASE website and other event websites
- Develop event communication strategies that appropriately advertise to campus constituents about individual events. This may be coordinated through College Communications and may include web, social media, print materials or campus email
- Develop and maintain robust mailing list of clients, leads, patrons, friends of the College and community and industry networks.
- Creating content for print and digital marketing material: brochures, newsletters
- Working with the Ursinus Creative Director and approved vendors on the design, printing and distribution of print materials.
- Leveraging social media in support of College events and CASE programs and initiatives
- Launching email campaigns
- Planning and attending expos and networking events
- Working with campus creative director and external suppliers on the creation of marketing collateral – content, design, printing and distribution
- Organizing and creating assets
- Hiring photographers and videographers and coordinating photo shoots
- Developing innovative strategies for cross promotion on College events and external events
- Work with CASE director and staff in creating and executing signature events that inspire community involvement, enhance campus life and advance recognition of the College brand
The marketing coordinator will also support office operations as necessary. This includes working with clients in planning events, administrative support, attending and facilitating logistics at events. Serves as the on-call staff for summer events as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
Prior experience in marketing and/or events marketing
Exceptional written and oral communications skills
Personable demeanor and ability to work with various levels of internal and external constituents
Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge of Adobe Suite, preferred
Initiates and has the ability to work independently
Organized, energetic, flexible and detail-oriented
Must be physically able to lift from ten to forty pounds of weight;
Requires the ability to stoop, kneel, and reach;
The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions.
Able to work flexible hours and be on-site for events.
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply online here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.