This full time position provides a range of services to Ursinus leaders, supervisors, employees and human resources in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of key strategic programs and training for creating and sustaining a high performing institution. The position will work collaboratively with divisions, departments, employees and the HR team to ensure performance management programs, processes and tools align with achieving Ursinus 150, our strategic plan, and lead to continuous employee development and improvement that will ultimately ensure the highest level of institutional performance. This role will also create and execute Staff training and development programs that support, encourage, and promote employee development and advancement.
- Working with outside consultant (HR Strategist), completes needs assessment to determine best ways to addresses employee development concerns expressed though the culture survey and focus groups, and to determine how to best “invest in our people as our most important asset.”
- Designs, develops, coordinates, implements, delivers, and evaluates training programs that support the College’s objectives and that are aligned with Ursinus 150. These may include general skills training, specific job skills training, change management training, and supervisory, management, and leadership training programs.
- Works with specific departments on technical training, such as Safety and IT, to ensure desired behavioral outcomes and compliance and ensure coordination with a campus specialist as needed.
- Designs, develops, coordinates, implements, delivers and evaluates a comprehensive onboarding platform to include specific programs, processes, and tools to help new employees assimilate into their roles at Ursinus to promote a healthy and engaging experience for new employees to ensure retention of top recruited talent.
- Working with the outside consultant (HR Strategist), assists in the design, development and execution of the comprehensive performance management system outlined in the Ursinus Human Capital Strategic and Operating Plan. Once the performance management system is in place, oversee the continual execution of the system.
- Working with the outside consultant (HR Strategist), designs a career pathing model for Staff that promotes career development and enhancement.
- Working with the outside consultant (HR Strategist), assists in the design, development, and execution of a College succession planning platform and model.
- Assesses best practices from other like institutions to help guide employee development at Ursinus.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, organizational development, applied behavioral sciences, or related field.
- Highly Preferred: Master’s degree in human resources management, organizational development, applied behavioral sciences, or related field.
- Highly Preferred: CPLP credential or SHRM credential.
- Minimum: demonstrated knowledge of adult learning styles, participative training design, group dynamics, interactive learning methods, systems theory and quality improvement processes, principles of customer service, conflict resolution, group process facilitation, communication processes and skills, presentation skills, and project management.
- Organization/Business Acumen
- Consultation Skills
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
- Broad HR knowledge and expertise
- Skilled in LMS or HRIS management
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 5-7 years’ experience working with organizations utilizing the skills and knowledge described in this description to achieve the scope and objective of the position and execute the responsibilities described with minimal supervision.
- Incumbents must be familiar with and have designed various training formats, including online training, self-study training, video training, and live training. State of the art training knowledge and experience is required.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a single site, but complex, organization. Higher Education industry experience is strongly preferred or experience working in not-for-profit organizations but will consider corporate experience for the right fit in academia.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.