Tech Support Technician
- Evaluation of new and maintenance of existing Technology Support Center management and assessment systems (For example, the Ursinus Laptop System, Audio/Visual Alert system, and Kayako Work Order Tracking system).
- Provide administrative and operations support to end users including screening telephone calls for managers, quotes for new equipment, poster printing, public print stations, College ID picture taking, College ID printing, laptop program,
- Provide software and hardware support to Students and Faculty from use, to maintenance installation and upgrades to .
- Work on communication of status and resolution of issues that may continue beyond the “first-call” for Audio/Visual, telephone, internet, e-mail (spam, organizations, distribution lists), wireless, data ports, cable TV, system outage/downtime, printing, etc.
- Work closely with Information Technology staff on major projects including new systems implementations and upgrades (for example, student information systems, office productivity suites, development software suites).
- Work with the campus community to support new and ongoing projects as needed from new building construction / classroom renovation, to the Berman Museum, to major events like Alumni weekend, Baccalaureate and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Work with outside vendors for Audio / Visual equipment maintenance, upgrades and new installs. In addition, may need to work with vendors to gather information and generate quotes for new and existing Faculty and Staff. Significant time may be spent specifically with vendors responsible for repairs of laptops, desktop computers, and printers.
- Interact with those who have an arms-length association with the college to provide information in person or on the telephone and support when on campus. This may include prospective parents and students, members of the community, and outside speakers coming to present on campus.
- Patrol campus buildings, grounds and roadways on foot, by bike and by vehicle.
- Respond to alarms, emergency calls, and suspicious activities; evaluate situations, request assistance, and/or takes other appropriate action as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective college and community relationships.
- Respond to non-emergency calls for service.
- Protect campus property by inspecting and checking security of doors, windows and alarms. Patrol and secure campus buildings.
- Perform incident scene control and investigation.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs staff members to address student conduct, medical concerns and crisis response.
- Provide assistance to local and state police, fire, and emergency medical responders, when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare incident reports, including necessary supporting documentation. Perform other administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Enforce parking regulations, issue parking citations, and assist with campus vehicle registration process.
- Provide vehicle assistance, including jump-starts and vehicle lock-out assistance.
- Provide parking and security assistance at campus functions.
- Provide information, respond to questions, and give directions to students, staff, and visitors.
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
UC EMS Advisor
- To oversee the UC EMS students on a day to day operations.
- Review and Approve any budget request for training, supplies as needed.
- Liaison with UC EMS Officers and Ursinus College Campus Safety Director and assistant director.
Tech Support Technician / Safety Officer / UC EMS Advisor
- Help Desk 2000 (Certified Help Desk Technician & Manager).
- Microsoft Operators User Specialist (MOUS).
- Completed courses Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- intermediate & advanced, Visual Basic @ Ursinus College.
- Certified Pennsylvania State instructor for Emergency Medical
- Technician’s (E.M.T.)’s
- Instructor trainer with the American Heart Association First Aid / CPR & AED classes.
- Certified in High Angle & confined space rescue.
Education and Training
- 1984 - 1992 - United States Marine Corps Reserve
- Corporal / Communication Center Operations (2542)
- 1985 Graduated Daniel Boone High School Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
- 1999 - Ursinus College, courses towards B.A. in Computer Science