Ursinus Gymnastics has an opening for an Assistant Gymnastics Coach. This is a part-time position with college housing (optional). The position reports directly to the Head Gymnastics Coach and is responsible for assisting the head coach with the administration and organization of a successful athletic program that competes within the NCGA and across all NCAA divisions.
Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of a successful gymnastics program, including but not limited to:
- Coach and holistically develop student-athletes
- Assist with team practice plans
- Safely and properly spot high level gymnastics skills
- Demonstrate concern for the overall welfare of student-athletes at all times
- Support student-athletes in the pursuit of academic goals
- Abide by athletic training personnel to maximize the safety and wellness of student-athletes
- Assist with preparations for team travel and off-season training
- Help monitor the gymnastics facility for purposes of safety
- Contribute to the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Engage in ethical decision-making and outstanding sportsmanship
- Execute all of these responsibilities in a manner that reflects an ongoing commitment to the excellence, integrity and success of the gymnastics program, of the Department of Athletics, and Ursinus College
Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and techniques of the sport, including spotting of high-level skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes and staff
- Three years coaching experience required; equivalent education/experience considered
- Preferred candidate will have collegiate gymnastics experience
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.