Integrates enterprise data seamlessly between core enterprise information systems and Ellucian Colleague ERP. Ensures data integrity and accuracy across systems. Work with vendors’ tools and solutions while utilizing modern coding standards to develop reliable and secure integration processes.
Works collaboratively on intra-departmental and inter-departmental teams to determine business requirements and identify the functional and technical specifications needed to address these requirements. Provides business analysis, integration design and development, database development, and reporting. Accurately maintains system documentation, technical and user guides and documentation produced during system integration, development and use.
Assists Ursinus College in achieving its mission and supporting the Ursinus 150 strategic plan.
- Works primarily in a climate controlled office environment, primarily at a desk and computer for prolonged periods of time
- Required to use standard office equipment including computer, telephone, printer/copier/scanner daily
- Walks (as needed) to meetings on campus, occasional light lifting and bending
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- 5% to 10% travel for training and conferences as needed, potentially overnight
- Develops real time feeds or near to real time feeds between enterprise-related systems
- Develops and maintains in-house administrative applications and databases taking into consideration both the technical organization of data, the usability and accessibility of the database for end users.
- Implements and integrates enterprise related vendor software into the Ursinus ecosystem
- Coordinates and collaborates with vendors as partners on new software, enhancements to existing software, and issues.
- Maintains data standards according to established policies and procedures. Develops and maintains database documentation to identify data standards, procedures and definitions.
- Develops and implements procedures to insure the confidentiality of records.
- Keeps apprised of current technology and works towards upgrading outdated technology.
- Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents programs and reporting solutions on a variety of departmental projects that vary in size and complexity.
- Keeps team members apprised of project status, priorities and issues
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3+ years of work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in disciplines related to the position
- Experience with recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Firm grounding in SQL and the use of stored procedures
- Experience working with RESTful and/or SOAP based API’s
- Knowledge working with Python, PHP, Node.js or similar language for the purposes of data integration
- Strong analytic and programming skills, a firm grounding in relational databases and client-server systems and the ability to develop and appropriately manage complex applications projects
- Experience in Enterprise Systems (ERP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, and vendor support representatives
- Teamwork, knowledge sharing, problem solving, documentation and time management skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical co-workers at various levels of the college including administration, faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to lead projects, create deliverables and support users
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with others of varying skills and responsibilities
- Highly motivated, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- Provides excellent customer service for internal and external users of the application systems.
- Familiar with FERPA, HIPPA and other regulations regarding privacy of data, confidential data and procedures for handling and securing confidential data
- Informed of current technology and industry standards by participating in educational opportunities such as formal training, users groups and conferences
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Familiar with data warehouse concepts, administration, and extract, transform, and load technologies.
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.