- Integrates and synchronizes enterprise data seamlessly between core enterprise information systems. Ensures data integrity and accuracy across systems. Work with vendors’ tools and solutions while utilizing modern coding standards to develop reliable and secure integration processes. Creates and revises documentation as required.
- Works collaboratively on intra-departmental and inter-departmental teams to determine business requirements and identify the functional and technical specifications needed to address these requirements. Provides business analysis, integration design and development, database development, and reporting. Accurately maintains system documentation, technical and user guides and documentation produced during system integration, development and use.
- Assists in system selection and leads implementation projects for departments requiring or requesting specific software functionality.
- Assists Ursinus College in achieving its mission and supporting the Ursinus 150 strategic plan.
- Creates real time feeds or near to real time feeds between enterprise-related systems.
- Leads design, development, testing and implementation cycle with end-users. Analyzes user specifications and requirements. Based upon these analyses, implements effective and efficient administrative application solutions. Prepares specifications and implements programs, some consisting of a highly technical and complex nature.
- Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents programs and reporting solutions on a variety of departmental projects that vary in size and complexity.
- Designs, installs and maintains in-house administrative applications and databases taking into consideration both the technical organization of data, the usability and accessibility of the database for end users.
- Maps the conceptual design for planned database enhancements or new implementations and plans and tests dataflow for the new or revised in-house databases.
- Maintains data standards according to established policies and procedures. Develops and maintains database documentation to identify data standards, procedures and definitions.
- Develops and implements procedures to insure the confidentiality of records. Manages application and database access permissions and privileges. Ensures the integrity, security and confidentiality of systems.
- Keeps apprised of current technology and works towards upgrading outdated technology.
- Coordinates and collaborates with vendors as partners on new software, enhancements to existing software, and issues.
- Reviews and moves development code to production, verifying the code adheres to IT policies, procedures, and naming conventions.
- Keeps team members apprised of project status, priorities and issues.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, ‘clients’, and vendor support representatives
- Teamwork, knowledge sharing, problem solving, documentation and time management skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical co-workers at various levels of the college including administration, faculty, staff and students
- Ability to lead projects, create deliverables and support users
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with others of varying skills and responsibilities
- Able to provide solution options throughout the project lifecycle
- Highly motivated, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- Provides excellent customer service for internal and external users of the application systems.
- Familiar with FERPA, HIPPA and other regulations regarding privacy of data, confidential data and procedures for handling and securing confidential data
- Informed of current technology and industry standards by participating in educational opportunities such as formal training, users groups and conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in disciplines related to the position
- Experience with recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Firm grounding in SQL and the use of stored procedures
- Strong analytic and programming skills, a firm grounding in relational databases and client-server systems and the ability to develop and appropriately manage complex applications projects
- Experience working with RESTful and/or SOAP based API’s
- Knowledge working with Python, PHP, Node.js or similar language for the purposes of API integration
- Experience working with reporting tools, such as SQL Reporting Services Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects and/or Tableau
- Experience in Enterprise Systems (ERP)
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Familiar with data warehouse concepts, administration, and extract, transform, and load technologies.
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.