Denise Felsenstein is a member of the Health and Exercise Physiology Department where she is teaching the Stress Management course. She attained her Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) degree in 2017 from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Felsenstein has been practicing as a women’s health nurse practitioner for over 25 years. She also has almost 20 years of experience as a continuing education consultant for a medical publishing company. Dr. Felsenstein traveled to Cuba in May 2018 with a group of healthcare professionals to learn about their healthcare system. She also attended a global health program in Reykjavik, Iceland in 2017 to learn about Iceland’s healthcare system. In Iceland, she also participated in a project addressing the Syrian refugee crisis. She is currently pursuing further education in the field of public health at the University of Minnesota.
B.S.N., Thomas Jefferson University
M.S.N., University of Miami
Post-Master’s Certificate in Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program, University of Pennsylvania
D.N.P. (Doctorate in Nursing Practice), University of Minnesota
HEP-240 Stress Management
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner at St. Agnes Nurses Center in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner at Norristown OB/GYN Assoc. P.C. in Norristown, Pennsylvania
Clinical Educator of One Family Place at Boca Raton Community Hospital in Boca Raton, Florida
Home Health Admissions Director at Atlantic AllCare Inc in Deerfield Beach, Florida
Hospital Educator at Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida
Labor & Delivery Nurse at Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida
Registered Nurse at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California
- Women’s health issues
- Access of healthcare for underserved patient populations
- Improving quality and access of healthcare for LGBTQ+ patient populations
- Public health initiatives to increase health promotion and illness prevention
- Quality improvement project in a primary care clinic to enhance clinic lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) cultural competence.
- Poster presentation at the Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioner (PCNP) Conference in Erie, PA (November 2017). Presented posted titled, “Enhancing Clinic Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Cultural Competencies” to nurse practitioner attendees.
- Author of article “Enhancing lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender cultural competence in a Midwestern primary care clinic setting” published in the May 2018 issue of Journal for Nurses in Professional Development.
- Co-author of online long-term care educational programs for Wolters Kluwer Health. Program topics include: elopement; safety issues; risk management; and high risk occurrence prevention.
- Contributed article content for: Zarif, M. “Feeling Shame: Insights on intimate partner violence” in the Journal of Christian Nursing (2011).
- Author of “State by state guide for RN license renewal requirements 2009”.