Dr. Denise Felsenstein has been an adjunct lecturer for the Health and Exercise Physiology (HEP) Department since 2018. She is the Continuing Education Manager of national healthcare journals for Lippincott Professional Development / Wolters Kluwer Health. She has a Doctorate degree in Nursing Practice (DNP), is a Board-Certified Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) and a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). She spent 30+ years providing women’s health care in hospitals, physician offices, and clinic settings. She traveled to Cuba and Iceland to learn about international healthcare systems.
- HEP-240 Stress Management
- BIO-205-L Anatomy & Physiology I Lab
- HEP-333 Drugs & Alcohol
- HEP-334 Nutrition
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner at St. Agnes Nurses Center in West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner at Norristown OB/GYN Assoc. P.C. in Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Clinical Educator of One Family Place at Boca Raton Community Hospital in Boca Raton, Florida
- Home Health Admissions Director at Atlantic AllCare Inc in Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Hospital Educator at Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida
- Labor & Delivery RN at Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Florida
- Staff RN at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California
- Agnes Nurses Center, West Chester, PA. Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner volunteer providing gynecologic care in a clinic setting. (2011-2023)
- Blue Bell Place, Blue Bell, PA. – Volunteer for providing exercise classes, stress management classes, mini art-history lessons, crafts, games, resident outings, and other activities. (2015-2020)
International Learning Experiences
- May 2018, traveled to Cuba with MEDICC. This included learning about Cuba’s public healthcare system with a group of healthcare providers.
- May 2017, participated in a study abroad global health program in Reykjavik, Iceland to learn about Iceland’s healthcare system. Participated in a project addressing the Syrian refugee crisis and her group and won an award for Innovative Ideas with her group of Icelandic and US nurses.
- Women’s health issues
- Access of healthcare for underserved patient populations
- Improving quality and access of healthcare for LGBTQ+ patient populations
- Public health initiatives to increase health promotion and illness prevention
- Felsenstein, D. R. (2019). Providing culturally sensitive nursing care for vulnerable immigrant populations. Creative Nursing, 25(2), DOI: 10.1891/1078-45188.8.131.52
- Contributing author for the Nurse Practitioner section of the doctoral nursing textbook: Zaccagnini, M. & Pechacek, J. M. (2019). The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A new model for advanced practice nursing (4th ed). Jones & Bartlett Learning, Burlington, MA.Quality improvement project in a primary care clinic to enhance clinic lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) cultural competence.
- Author of article “Enhancing lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender cultural competence in a Midwestern primary care clinic setting” published in the May 2018 issue of Journal for Nurses in Professional Development.
- Co-author of multiple online long-term care educational programs for Wolters Kluwer Health. Program topics included elopement, safety issues, risk management, and high-risk occurrence prevention.
- Contributed article content for: Zarif, M. “Feeling Shame: Insights on intimate partner violence” in the Journal of Christian Nursing (2011).
- Author of “State by state guide for RN license renewal requirements 2009”.