The Assistant Director (AD) of Admission, Diversity Recruitment plays a significant role in supporting the mission and enrollment goals of Ursinus College, as well as maintaining the academic profile and fiscal health of the College. As a crucial member of the Office of Admission, the AD acts as a significant support for the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management, as well as other senior members of the Admission team, through strategically implementing a highly efficient, team-based enrollment management model. Utilizing best practices, sound professional judgement and strategy development, the AD will lead recruitment efforts in an assigned recruitment territory, and fully invest in meeting the established enrollment goals of the College.
As a critical team member within the Office of Admission, the AD plays a key role in the recruitment of prospective students. In addition, the AD will act as a role model of exemplary admission practices and take an active role in the campus community. A proactive and nimble approach to evolving environments in application development, project management, and higher education trends is needed for successful outcomes.
- Through collaboration with other departmental staff, plan and formulate strategies to attract qualified and interested students to Ursinus College
- Meet established enrollment goals for an assigned, targeted recruitment territory
- Manage all activities related to diverse prospective students, applicants, school districts and colleges from a specific territory/population
- Respond to inquiries regarding applications, admission policies and procedures, financial aid availability and program offerings at Ursinus College through prompt response to phone calls, text messages and email inquires
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students and their families through frequent telephone, email, written and in-personal contact
- Establish relationships with secondary school counselors, and other school administrators when appropriate, through attendance at various recruitment events, as well as continual outreach throughout the admission cycle
- Serve as the primary liaison between prospective students/parents and College programs, curriculum, and various campus opportunities by conducting interviews and information sessions, as well as through other modes of communication
- Exercise professional judgement, follow established guidelines and expectations, and consult with senior staff members when necessary in reviewing applications and recommending applicants for admissions
- Collaborate with Student Financial Services, as well as other campus offices, to provide information necessary for conversion and yield of prospective students
- Serve as the primary contact in relation to the planning and execution of several large-scale on-campus events designed to introduce a diverse population of prospective students to Ursinus College
- Under supervision and with guidance from senior staff members, oversee a special project within the Office of Admission with the goals of enhancing yield and developing strong project management and leadership skills
- Participation in extensive travel within the assigned recruitment territory, in new growth markets, and in other areas as needed, which includes: school visits; college fairs (both in and out of state); specialty recruitment tours; and attendance at special programs hosted by Community-Based Organizations and Partner Programs. Travel can range from 8-12 weeks annually
- Represent Ursinus College at regional and national multicultural college fairs
- Extremely frequent evening and weekend work required
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of admission, higher education, or related experience
- Ability to positively interact and establish personal contacts with diverse group of students, parents, guidance counselors and college personnel
- An in-depth knowledge of, and passion for, the liberal arts
- A celebration of diversity, both in the workplace and in student population
- A high proficiency in multi-tasking as well as strategic thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to play a significant role in the mentorship and guidance of staff
- A collaborative and transparent approach to problem-solving
- A desire to join and foster a dynamic, transformative campus culture
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to participate in significant travel
- Ability to stand in one place for significant amounts of time and ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s Degree and/or 3+ years of admission experience at a regionally accredited, liberal arts institution
- Experience with data and reporting, and a desire to provide enrollment research support
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of foreign education credential evaluation
- In-depth knowledge of Slate CRM
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Resume review will begin immediately, with a desired start date of October 1. Please note that Ursinus College, as an investment in its workforce, has moved forward with the updates to the Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA) that were outlined prior to the federal injunction.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.