Number of Positions
Number of Positions Currently Available
The Office of Sustainability at Ursinus College invites you to apply for the position of Program Assistant. We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented individual with the ability to work with faculty, staff, and other students in order to accomplish the college’s sustainability goals. This position reports directly to the Director of Sustainability. The person in this position will handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, work independently to accomplish tasks, and maintain a positive attitude throughout the day. The anticipated timeframe for this position is during both the fall and spring semesters for 4 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities Include, but are Not Limited to the Following Areas:
• Post and develop appropriate and creative content for both the Office of Sustainability Webpage and social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
• Collaborate with the Director of Sustainability and the Sustainability Fellows on various tasks.
• With the direction and support of the Director of Sustainability, organize various sustainability programming which complements but does not overlap with Sustainability Fellow programs (examples include but are not limited to: overseeing a green living/working certification program, mock energy bills, Recyclemania, etc.)
• Data entry and email distribution list organization
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Other duties as needed and assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
• Minimum 2.5 GPA; Good academic and social standing with the college.
• Organized, dependable and punctual
• Familiarity with creating social media posts is required
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
• Gracious and thoughtful of other’s needs
• Familiarity with Sustainability is a plus, but not required