The Ursinus Conference and Special Events Office reports through College Communications and charged with supporting the strategic objectives of the College by scheduling, coordinating and supporting events that enhance campus life, grow revenue to support College initiatives and strengthen ties to the larger community. The CASE Events Assistant position is a vital role that owns key responsibilities needed to coordinate and support event planning, scheduling and logistics throughout the year. The candidate must possess the ability to work effectively in a team and fast-paced environment while maintaining strict adherence to deadlines and details.
- Is a front-line representative assisting with processing space reservations and support service requests. The position will support clients making space requests, check the status of a reservation, process reservations, and determine if further assistance is needed by another professional staff member.
- Communicates regularly with facility managers and other operations personnel to ensure event and activity needs are known and met.
- Communicates with Conference and Special Events team members and College Communications to ensure that marketing plans for events are developed and executed.
- Manages internal and external client events by understanding the scope of event, time lines, and by determining facility and technology needs; Communicates client needs and is the onsite event contact for large events. Requires some non-traditional hours during peak operational periods.
- Develops and implements projects to improve processes and procedures, in regards to off campus clients.
- Demonstrates initiative and sound judgment in matters of confidentiality.
- Serves as the on-call staff for summer events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred, but not required.
- At least one year of experience in event planning, hospitality and/or summer conferences.
- Experience in supporting and planning athletic events and camps desirable.
- Must be able to prioritize, balance, and complete multiple tasks with direct but minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated superb interpersonal skills to successfully interact with a variety of people, including high-level executives, civic leaders, members of the community from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proven excellent computer skills, including at least intermediate-level ability with Microsoft Office programs. Demonstrated ability to create complex spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts with creativity and authority while maintaining a professional relationship. Ability to make recommendations or decisions that affect office operations and activities.
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.