The Benefits Administration Specialist (BAS) is responsible for the overall implementation of all employee benefits programs offered by Ursinus College. The BAS performs varied administrative and specialized tasks in support of the day-to-day administration of the employee benefits programs.
- Manage the administration of all employee benefits programs such as health insurance, dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, retirement, Emeriti program, HSA & FSA, and other related plans.
- Act as liaison with all carriers and brokers of insured benefits for issues with claims, employee concerns, and administration of plans
- Under general direction of the Assistant Director, manage the daily administration of the annual open enrollment functions.
- Administer COBRA processes.
- Assist with payment and reconciliation of related benefits bills, including electronic transmissions, in a timely manner.
- Assist Assistant Director with reconciliation of College accounts associated with all benefits plans on a monthly basis to ensure proper accounting of all payroll deductions
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Works with Assistant Director in tracking workloads of part-time employees, calculating and submitting payment of various fees associated with the ACA, and implements tracking systems necessary to stay in compliance with the ACA.
- Assist in coordination of onboarding of all new employees, including one-on-one meetings, benefits review and enrollments.
- Assist with employment and benefits data through databases, spreadsheets and reports.
- Assist with tracking of paid and unpaid time off, leaves, and electronic timesheet submissions.
- Coordinate with Assistant Director for associated benefits changes to departmental webpage.
- Document HR processes for all aspects of benefits administration.
- Assist with Wellness Initiatives including attending committee meetings, providing support of wellness funding and coordinating programming
- Provide customer service support to employees in a timely, professional manner relating to benefit inquiries and claims concerns/issues.
- Perform other duties as required by Assistant Director or Director of Human Resources.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A baccalaureate degree required in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Benefits management and plan designs
- Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Office, particularly spreadsheets, word processing and outlook is essential
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational skills as well as verbal and written skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information is essential
- Full understanding of applicable HR statutes and regulations such as ADA, COBRA, FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA, OSHA and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 required
- Must be strong team player
- Prior experience in higher education is a plus
- Professional designation a plus: either PHR or CEBS
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.