The Operations Manager has overall responsibility for the day-to-day function of the Facilities Services department. The Operations manager has direct report responsibility for the mechanical and architectural trades, grounds, events & moves and project coordination. The Operations Manager works closely with other facilities functions including telecommunications, service response, purchasing, mail services, cleaning services and environmental health & safety. Manages facilities subcontractors and service contracts. Prioritizing and coordinating work with facilities resources, the Operations Manager acts in the best interest of the college to provide the best learning environment possible.
- Complies with and enforces compliance with all federal, state and local regulations including, but not limited to OSHA, NFPA, NRC and EPA.
- Keeps accurate record of information required to comply with the above regulations.
- Ensures subordinates comply with above regulations and record-keeping responsibilities.
- Ensures all hazardous material & waste is handled and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
- Ensures campus systems are running at maximum efficiency.
- Ensures campus spaces are programmed for occupancy times to maximize energy savings.
- Reviews energy reports monthly to assess consumption, look for energy efficiency opportunities and identify problems.
- Oversees the college’s central cooling and steam plants and campus infrastructure.
- Works closely with Service Response and supervisors to prioritize work orders and allocate facilities resources.
- Reviews open work order report weekly, closes completed work orders and assesses priorities of those remaining open.
- Runs an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Considers life safety, resources and need when prioritizing corrective maintenance.
- Coordinates subcontractors and service contractors to maintain campus systems.
- Reviews facilities maintenance and energy budgets monthly and allocates resources commensurate with fiscal parameters.
- Projects maintenance and maintenance service contract costs for the budget forecast.
- Assists supervisors in fiscal resource allocation.
- Manages Plant Funds and facilities projects, works closely with the Director of Facilities in coordination and management of staff.
- Prioritizes and manages facilities budget pools for recurring maintenance and replacement of building and campus systems.
- Keeps accurate project folders and records.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or related field or 10 years’ experience in facilities management.
- Working knowledge of facilities trades and maintenance practices.
- Working knowledge of all facilities department functions.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must have cursory knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental and safety laws sufficient to perform all related job functions (OSHA, EPA, NRC, ANSI, and NFPA).
- Must have knowledge of computer operations sufficient to coordinate all record keeping requirements with vision sufficient to read computer screen and printed materials.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to manage timetables and detailed paper work.
- Must possess physical mobility sufficient to tour campus, climb ladders and steps, and to reach all sites requiring inspection and the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds. Must have good hearing and speaking skills.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Adapts to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
- Builds successful relationships with constituents and coworkers. Communicates and works effectively as a team member, in order to maximize the effectiveness of the office.
- Exhibits maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
- Understands and abides by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Works successfully with diverse others and upholds the College’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in order to help the organization realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.