The Assistant Director of Residence Life is a full-time professional staff member with live-in responsibilities. Three Assistant Directors of Residence Life are responsible for the comprehensive management of the residential program. The ADRL reports to the Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life who reports to the Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students.
- Oversee a community of approximately 500 students
- Select, train, and supervise 15 – 16 Resident Advisors (of 46 total)
- Provide and facilitate educational and social programming
- Participate in an all campus on-call duty rotation
- Facilitate student conduct process for respective area
- Assist with housing lottery and assignment processes
- Serve as a role model and mentor for students
- Assume leadership role for departmental initiatives, such as opening and closing, RA recruitment and training, housing lottery and selection, and summer programs
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree
- Previous Residence Life experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of residential liberal education
- Basic counseling skills
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.