Reporting to the Executive Director of alumni and parent relations, the full time program coordinator provides administrative and clerical support to the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations staff. The coordinator also serves as the Advancement Department’s receptionist and provides administrative support to this team. The Coordinator manages all general online and telephone inquiries and plays an integral role in building stronger relationships with alumni, parents and friends. In addition, the program coordinator manages student workers, the student yearbook staff and joins with other administrators and volunteers to increase enthusiasm, advocacy and support for Ursinus.
- Assists the designated departmental staff member in coordinating all logistical efforts related to Alumni relations events, both on and off campus.
- Prepares invitation lists from Raiser’s Edge database queries for invitation mailings, tracks RSVP responses, prepares event materials and mails as needed, and assists with all other activities that ensure a successful event
- Coordinates and manages constituent follow up to event invitations and to event attendance
- Staffs events both on and off campus
- Assists with managing the alumni, annual fund and parent pages of the Ursinus College website in coordination with appropriate college staff. Builds pages that bring alumni and parents to the site and encourage return visits.
- Provides support for Homecoming Family Weekend and Alumni Weekend.
- Provides support and assists with Reunion Committee activities
- Assists with volunteer management for these events
- Staffs the event and is onsite the entire weekend
- Works with the designated professional to coordinate the logistical and fundraising efforts for Annual Giving programs and events.
- With the executive director of annual giving programs, works to insure that all projects are executed on schedule. Tracks each activity to insure that deadlines are met, “to-dos” are done; tracks progress and schedules and assists staff wherever needed
- Assists as needed with mailings and collateral materials
- Maintains a communication schedule and assists with the production of all mailings and online messages
- Assists with event management in particular with such details as maintaining RSVP lists, producing nametags and staffing such events as needed
- Coordinates with other departments and vendors
- Produces reports and tracks results as required
- Runs query, produces mail list and welcome letters for 1869 Society members, and enters corresponding action in Raiser’s Edge database and assists with all the aspects of the annual Leadership Dinner
- Creates and generates reports needed for the creation and implementation of effective programming
- Produces correspondence including thank you letters through mail merge process for certain donors
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, manages the departmental student worker program.
- Coordinates the recruitment and duties of student workers
- Coordinates student schedules to conform to the needs of the office; coordinates workflow for student workers
- Maintains timesheets and schedules for student workers
- Works with staff to evaluate student workers’ performance
- Manages the volunteer student yearbook staff.
- Coordinates the execution of the yearbook including setting up senior portraits, advising staff meetings and scheduling photos for sports, clubs and organizations and faculty and staff
- Assists in the completion of pages on the vendor yearbook website
- Creates and distributes yearbook advertisements to increase yearbook sales
- Serves as the department’s receptionist to both external and internal constituencies and represents the advancement department and the college with the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Serves as the staff member who welcomes and greets all visitors
- Maintains departmental Outlook Advancement Calendar and the Outlook Communications and Events Calendar
- Handles department’s direct line and toll-free number
- Responds to general questions asked by phone, mail or e-mail
- Coordinates ordering of office supplies and printer/fax/copy machine service calls
- Coordinates work order requests to facilities regarding office repairs and other needs as requested
- Orders stationery for the department and monitors usage
- Provides Raiser’s Edge support for departmental events and initiatives.
- Works with Advancement staff members to gather content, design and schedule the departmental quarterly e-blast to alumni, current parents and faculty/staff
- Assists with all pre-event Raiser’s Edge needs including creating event pages, preparing and sending pre-event e-blasts and creating queries
- Manages specific constituent stewardship.
- Manages the inauguration representative process
- Coordinates legacy student visits with the Admission Receptionist
- Prepares gifts for alumni visits to campus and enters corresponding action in Raiser’s Edge database
- Attends Alumni Relations & Annual Giving staff meetings and other departmental meetings as required.
- Manages any other tasks or programs as assigned by executive director of alumni and parent relations.
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions
- Occasional travel to attend events or meetings
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and team members in the Advancement department and throughout the college. Participate in Advancement Department meetings and other college meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
- Two to three years of experience as an administrative professional
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working, interning or volunteering in an advancement department or fast-paced customer service, public relations or marketing organization
- Fluency in Microsoft Office software and programs
- Understanding and appreciation of a private liberal arts education
- Knowledge and experience working with the Raiser’s Edge database system
- Strong commitment to the values of a progressive liberal arts college and the ability to champion them
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.