The Student Success and Retention Specialist works to support and advance retention efforts. This position will provide oversight, management, and support for the academic early alert process and the programming around Academic Probation. This position will help to identify, implement, and/or refer students to the appropriate interventions and resources to advance student success.
- Manages the Academic Early Alert process.
- Prepares and presents reports and analyses data regarding student success trends (Retention, Persistence, and Graduation).
- Coordinates status change process and collection of data from withdraw questionnaire.
- Assists in employing academic recovery strategies with at-risk students in order to promote success.
- Monitors potential barriers to student success and recommends modifications to processes, policies, and systems that impact student success.
- Responsible for programming for students on Academic Probation.
- Serve as a case manager for students on Academic Probation.
- Provides ongoing communication and collaboration with advisers, faculty, and coaches on student issues.
- Provides support for Academic Standards & Discipline Committee.
- Works with Academic Affairs, the Registrar, and faculty to monitor seniors at risk for not graduating.
- Coordinates transition programs for Transfer Students.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Masters Degree Required
- Minimum of three years professional experience in higher education.
- Experience implementing student retention strategies.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and prepare useable information and reports for various constituencies related to student success.
- Familiarity with Colleague, SPSS, and Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple, complex projects; strong ability to multi-task and continually prioritize changing tasks and deliverables.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment