The Administrative Support Coordinator ensures regular administrative support of teaching faculty through the administrative assistant team, and provides support for routine Dean’s Office functions, in collaboration with the Executive Assistant to the Dean of the College. The latter often involves acting as a liaison between the Dean’s Office and other administrative offices.
The Administrative Support Coordinator has two main responsibilities:
- Office support for the Office of the Dean of the College that includes process and procedure implementation supporting the Office of the Dean of the College, particularly the Associate and Assistant Deans
- Coordination, support, and supervision of the administrative assistant team supporting academic departments and the Academic Affairs Division
- Liaison with academic departments relating to projects, initiatives, and hiring processes spearheaded by the Office of Dean of the College, including process and procedure implementation and streamlining across departments.
- Supervise, recruit, train/onboarding of, and manage workload/reporting assignments of academic department administrative assistants
- Oversee the functions of the office including routine office procedures such as purchasing, reimbursements, mailings, website maintenance, and management of on-line internal communications from the Dean’s Office
- Supervise and recruit student workers for dean’s office
- Support for term and adjunct faculty hiring and evaluation
- Support of academic programs and committees, including: Academic Standards and Discipline, and Academic Council Committee meetings, communication and Colleague data entry; student travel funding; Philly X; Summer Fellows and other academic summer programming; honors projects; and Dean’s List communications
- Support of Faculty Development, including New Faculty Orientation Events and mentoring programs
- Coordinate and collaborate on academic events
- Public events such as Baden Lectures, CoSA, Faculty Achievement
- Assist CASE and other offices with ceremonial events such as Commencement, Baccalaureate, UDAC
- Produce Dean’s Office publications including Dean’s Report
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) and a minimum of three years of experience in an office setting, including one year of supervisory responsibility preferably in a college or university
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and commitment to team effort and demonstrated initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, manage processes and maintain flexibility
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), the Internet, and willingness to learn additional computer programs
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization and time and project management skills
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Commitment to student access, success, diversity, and inclusion is required
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.