Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for accurately researching, coding, and processing all individual, corporate and foundation gifts using the Raiser’s Edge database software. The Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for providing official gift receipts for tax purposes for all gifts to the college. This position enters all Advancement event registrations into the database. This position interfaces with corporate and foundation matching gift companies and processes all donor matching gift information. In addition, the Gift Processing Coordinator interfaces with donors and campus departments regarding specific instructions for recurring gifts, pledges, pledge payments and payroll deductions.
- Enter all gifts into the Raiser’s Edge database; execute daily gift batching
- Execute recurring gift transactions (payroll deduction and recurring credit card gifts)
- Accurately enter pledges, payment schedules and payments
- Enter and link all event registrations
- Work collaboratively with the Business Office to ensure accurate gift accounting and record keeping
- Process matching gift pledges and payments
- Gift Receipting:
- Create, scan and distribute official tax receipts to donors, compliant with IRS guidelines
- Research, verify, and update address changes evident while processing each gift batch
- Scan all relevant gift documentation into the gift record in the database. Promote the integrity of the database by ensuring data accuracy and secure document management
- Maintain accurate records regarding matching corporation/foundation addresses, emails, name changes, guidelines, and form requirements
- Contact and work with donors to obtain correct information and/or forms for filing their matching gift applications, or processing recurring gifts
Tracking and Reporting:
- Provide routine gift reports as scheduled or requested
- Supply attendance reports as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent; Preferred: Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) or more years of experience in clerical or data entry position. Previous administrative, record keeping, bookkeeping, or accounting experience preferred.
- Competency with standard computer technologies and development/relational databases. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Familiarity with IRS Regulations and other governing policies and procedures relating to processing charitable gifts is preferred.
- Knowledge of the fundraising process.
- Ability to work with many constituents at all levels.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling confidential information.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, produce quality work, and meet strict deadlines.
- Basic understanding of relational database structure, with in-depth attention to detail regarding data entry.
- Strong clerical skills to accommodate filing, sorting, and scanning requirements.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of a private liberal arts education, with knowledge of Ursinus College mission and programs preferred.
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends, as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and team members in the Advancement Department and throughout the College. Participate in Advancement Department meetings.
- Provide support to department leadership, as needed, for priority projects. Serve in a leadership role to help educate faculty and staff about the Advancement Department and its mission and goals.
- Have knowledge and experience with computer programs that support the Advancement Department, including Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge database.
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.