Ph.D., City University of New York
B.A., University of Scranton
- Writing, Pedagogy, and Society (IDS 290)
- Common Intellectual Experience (CIE)
- Podcasting American Literature
- Women’s Literature
- Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow and Associate Director of First-Year Writing, Duke University
- Writing Fellow, Bernard L. Schwartz Communications Institute
- Writing Consultant, Baruch College Writing Center
- early U.S. literature and culture
- writing pedagogy
- writing assessment
“Personal Websites as Portfolios in Tutor Training and Professional Development.” International Writing Center Association (IWCA) Annual Conference (Atlanta, 2018).
“Community Engagement in Tutor Training: Missions of Empathy?” IWCA Annual Conference (Chicago, 2017).
“‘A Species of Patrimony’: Charles Brockden Brown and Erasmus Darwin.” Recording Nature in the Early Atlantic World Conference (Tampa, 2015).
“Learning Goals Lead the Way” and “Inspiring Writing Projects from Start to Finish.” Faculty development workshops at Hong Kong Baptist University (2014).
“Epigenetics and Early American Culture.” Society of Early Americanists Biennial Conference (Savannah, 2013).
“Charles Lenox Sargent’s Life of Alexander Smith: Imagining Indian Removal in the South Pacific.” Early American Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal (2013).