The Academic Department Administrative support staff addresses the needs of faculty and students by performing a broad range of administrative duties to support the work of the academic departments. Working in collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs and with the support of the other academic administrative assistants, the Academic Department Administrative support staff oversees the functions of the office and serves as a liaison between administrative and academic areas of the College community.
Working in collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs and under the direction of the academic department chairpersons, provide administrative support for faculty and staff in academic departments, proactively assisting department and program chairs with:
- Department and program administration including implementation of college and departmental processes and procedures
- Process and information management including maintaining academic department and program websites, collaborative on-line work spaces
- Internal and external communications
- Confidential records management and reporting including data collection and budget management
- Coordinating projects, tasks, and events, including faculty searches, supply ordering and management
- Student support, as deemed appropriate by department and administrative supervisors
- Other assigned duties as they pertain to specific departments or program needs as well as those requested by the Office of Academic Affairs
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate Degree or minimum two years clerical/administrative experience; educational environment is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and willingness to learn additional computer programs
- Demonstrated initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, manage processes and maintain flexibility
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.