Reporting to Director of Alumni Relations, the Program Coordinator of Alumni Relations and College Events provides administrative and clerical support to the College Events and Alumni Relations staff. The Coordinator manages all general online and telephone inquiries and plays an integral role in building stronger relationships with alumni, parents and friends. In addition, the program coordinator manages student workers and joins with other administrators and volunteers to increase enthusiasm, advocacy and support for Ursinus.
- Assists the designated staff member from the College Events & Alumni Relations team in coordinating all logistical efforts related to events, both on and off campus, including but not limited to Homecoming, Reunions, Family Day, Commencement, and events and programs for alumni.
- Manages the College Events and Alumni Relations pages of the Ursinus College website in coordination with appropriate college staff, building pages that bring alumni and parents to the site and encourage return visits, as well as making appropriate updates and edits.
- Works with the designated professional to coordinate fundraising efforts, overall messaging, and implementation details for Alumni Relations programs and events.
- Under the direction of the Director, manages the departmental student worker program.
- Provides limited administrative support for the Advancement division, representing the division and the college with the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Manages UC Alumni social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram) by generating content and monitoring traffic and responses via these vehicles.
- Manages any other tasks or programs as assigned by Director of Alumni Relations.
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions
- Occasional travel to for conferences, to meet with vendors or to staff college events
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience as an administrative professional
- Previous experience working, interning or volunteering in higher education or non-profit sector
- Knowledge and experience working with the Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Excellent computer skills, including using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Professional, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of a liberal arts education.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and team members in the Advancement Office and throughout the college. Participates in Advancement Office meetings and other key college staff meetings
- Possesses knowledge and experience with computer programs that support the Advancement Department including Microsoft Office programs and Raiser’s Edge.
Anticipated Start Date
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.