Works as part of a team of IT professionals who are responsible for identifying, implementing, maintaining, and providing stewardship for an effective set of contemporary applications that meet the evolving needs of the administrative community in order to best operate the business functions of the college. Such applications will be focused on providing efficient administrative operations, leading-edge digital processes, enhanced access to data and information, excellent analytics and other tools for forecasting and decision-making.
This position works collaboratively with administrative offices to perform business analyses to determine their functional needs, identifies the specifications needed to address these needs, engage in system selection or design processes, and works as part of the team to best implement systems and applications in order to encourage their maximum benefit. Provides appropriate technical, training and integration support to insure the effective and efficient functioning of those applications and supports related reporting and analytic needs.
Assists Ursinus College in achieving its overall mission and supporting the strategic plan.
- Analyzes user specifications and requirements. Leads process design, development, testing and implementation cycle with end-users. Based upon these analyses, implements effective and efficient administrative application solutions. Prepares specifications and implements programs, some consisting of a highly technical and complex nature.
- Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents processes and reporting solutions on a variety of departmental projects that vary in size and complexity.
- Tests vendor patches and version updates in a test environment for validation prior to a production update.
- Accurately maintains systems documentation, technical and user guides and documentation produced during system development, implementation and use.
- Collaborates with other IT co-workers to deliver solutions and maintain/upgrade tools used to support the college’s administrative functions.
- Ensures the integrity, security and confidentiality of systems.
- Keeps Enterprise Information Director apprised of project status, priorities and issues.
- Provides high level support to assigned offices and systems.
- Works primarily in a climate-controlled office environment, primarily at a desk and computer for prolonged periods of time
- Required to use standard office equipment including computer, telephone, printer/copies/scanner daily
- Walks (as needed) to meetings on campus, occasional light lifting and bending
- Frequent reading and computer use
- Travel for training and conferences as needed, potentially overnight
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven history of strong interpersonal skills and a propensity toward strong collaboration
- 5+ years progressive, work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in disciplines related to the position
- Deep understanding of the design and implementation of, client/server, Windows and web-based applications development, design and implementation of software solutions
- Proficient in reviewing requirements and developing designs to select and implement software solutions
- Strong analytic skills, a firm grounding in relational databases and client-server systems and the ability to develop and appropriately manage complex applications projects
- Problem solving, attention to detail, program design, coding, debugging, testing
- Understanding of SQL
- Experience in Enterprise Systems (ERP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, and vendor support representatives
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills relative to teamwork
- Teamwork, customer service, knowledge-sharing, problem-solving, documentation, and time management skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical co-workers at various levels of the college including administration, faculty, and staff
- Ability to lead projects, create deliverables, and support users
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with others of varying skills and responsibilities
- Able to provide solution options throughout the project lifecycle
- Highly motivated, dedicated, and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- Familiar with FERPA, HIPPA and other regulations regarding privacy of data, confidentiality of data, and procedures for handling and securing confidential data
- Informed of current technology and industry standards by participating in educational opportunities such as formal training, users’ groups, and conferences
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Familiarity with the following applications: Ellucian Colleague, MS SQL Reporting Services, ADP HRIS, ADP Payroll, SoftDocs, Slate, Atrium Campus
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment