Digital Communications Specialist
The Digital Communications Specialist is a multimedia content creator who contributes to the editorial responsibilities for the Office of College Communications and Strategic Partnerships. Reporting to the Director of Media and Communications, this individual is a digital storyteller who excels in video production and thinks unconventionally in creating and curating compelling original content for Ursinus College. The Digital Communications Specialist independently writes, records, and edits multimedia content for the official online news hub and digital versions of Ursinus Magazine and other publications; assists with content for the college’s official social media channels and institutional marketing and public relations materials; and produces collateral that can be used to communicate key messages to internal audiences. This person must also demonstrate strong writing ability and contribute written articles to print and online publications.
- Serve as a “digital reporter/storyteller” and work with the communications team to produce compelling digital media featuring faculty, students, staff, and alumni, and other key stakeholders across all institutional divisions and academic departments.
- Create complementary and standalone video and audio vignettes for the college’s online news hub, the digital version of Ursinus Magazine, research magazine, arts magazine, annual report, and all other publications.
- Write, produce, and edit promotional, marketing, and public relations videos for the communications office and other campus partners.
- Write short- and long-form news stories and features for the Ursinus news hub and print and digital publications.
- Assist in the production of content for the college’s official social media channels that promote a high level of engagement with the social media audience and that showcases a vibrant campus lifestyle.
- Create content specifically designed to engage the media, prospective students and families, alumni, and donors.
- Create original internal communications digital content to clearly disseminate information to employees about key college priorities and strategies.
- Work with all individuals within the communications office to ensure that content is shared and repackaged for different media and across multiple storytelling channels.
- Contribute to editorial planning meetings and assist in managing the editorial calendar and news website.
- Assist with social media messaging and social media monitoring.
- Ensure that all content aligns with the college’s editorial style guide and visual identity.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (Journalism, English, Digital Media) and 1-3 years of relevant experience, with a particular focus on digital media and video production.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and on deadline to conduct interviews and write, produce, and edit digital content, including, but not limited to video and audio.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in social media and contemporary digital media platforms.
- Ability to envision, storyboard, and tell a compelling story in the digital space.
- Familiarity with higher education, with specific preference for a knowledge and affinity for the liberal arts ethos.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.