The research associate will work with Dr. Rebecca Lyczak, Professor of Biology, to conduct and troubleshoot laboratory experiments, train and supervise undergraduate researchers, and perform routine laboratory maintenance. This is an NIH grant-funded position for a period of 36 months, with the possibility of renewal pending additional funding.
- Perform experiments using elegans to advance the lab’s research goals
- Supervise, schedule, train, and assist undergraduate researchers
- Make solutions, clean glassware, and coordinate waste disposal
- Stock consumable materials required for research in the laboratory
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of the laboratory space and equipment
- Manage safety issues in the laboratory to ensure a clean and safe working environment
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in biology (or molecular biology/biochemistry) required
- Knowledge of basic principles of genetics, cell and molecular biology required
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques in cellular or molecular biology required
- Basic computing skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, trouble-shooting, organizational, and communication skills required
- Previous experience working with elegans helpful but not required
Applicants should send a cover letter highlighting relevant expertise, curriculum vitae or resume, and references to http://apply.interfolio.com/95079.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.