In Episode One (Season Two) of the Life After Ursinus podcast, host Johnny Myers ’19 sits down with Zach Shamberg ’10, the President & CEO of the Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA). Zach discusses his vital role in advocating for Pennsylvania’s most vulnerable residents and their care providers, the challenges facing Pennsylvania’s population as it ages, how the COVID-19 pandemic changed everything, and how Ursinus prepared him to face it all.
About this Episode
- Zach dives into how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the industry and how he leads the PHCA.
- Zach shares what he is learning from the members of PHCA who are at the frontlines of health care about the trends of long-term health care.
- Zach shares his thoughts on solutions for the crisis of staffing issues in the health care field.
- Zach addresses how the “aging of Pennsylvania” is going to affect the future of the state.
- Zach discusses how his experiences at Ursinus prepared him for his role today.
- Zach credits his internship with Pat Toomey and UC theater professors Bev Redman and Domenick Scudera for teaching him invaluable presenting and public speaking skills, as well as Ursinus’s core curriculum for teaching him critical thinking skills and that he uses daily as president & CEO of the PHCA.