The Director of Student Engagement is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director of Student Success. The Director of Student Engagement is a live on senior member of the Student Affairs staff, who directs crisis response and is responsible for the overall leadership and management of student activities and programming outside of the classroom experience.
Student Affairs senior leadership:
- Serve in Leadership Duty rotation, acting as chief crisis response manager
- Act as a case manager for students of concern
- Provide significant campus visibility during evenings and weekends
- Assist in developing and implementing policy in Student Affairs
- Supervise Assistant Director of Student Engagement and Orientation
- Lead assessment of the curricular approach for the Student Engagement area
Student clubs and organizations and other programs and activities:
- Direct the operation of over 60 clubs and organizations
- Manage the Club Sports program
- Provide guidance and training to faculty and staff advisers for student clubs and organizations
- Support special events such as Spring and Fall Orientation, Family Weekend, Homecoming, and Commencement
- Serve as the liaison to the Division of Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Advise Ursinus College Student Government (UCSG)
- Advise class councils
- Advise Activity Fund Allocation Committee (AFAC) funding process
U-Lead Scholars Program
- Recruit and select scholars
- Direct co-curricular program for scholars and promote community engagement
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Student Development or Higher Education Administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in Student Affairs
- Knowledge of best practices in student engagement, student governance, and/or leadership
- Excellent supervisory, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and a desire to work in a high traffic, fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.