The Executive Assistant leads the management of data collection, finances, and reporting for the VPSA/DOS and the Abele Scholars program. The position also coordinates scheduling and events for the VPSA/DOS and the Abele Scholars program. The Executive Assistant is a full-time, exempt position and reports directly to the Vice-President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
Data collection and reporting
- Provide quarterly reports on community service hours completed by Abele Scholars. to update the Director
- Track and maintain documentation on all Abele Scholars requirements
- Track attendance and assess at all Abele Scholars programs
- Maintain Bear2Bear financial reporting and communications
- Process and analyze data and prepare and disseminate reports to senior leadership in Student Affairs
- Generate annual reports, goals and assessment documents and metrics under guidance of the VPSA/DOS
- Participates in and assists with special projects at the discretion of the VPSA/DOS.
Scheduling and Coordinating Events
- Responsible for ordering all supplies for events and programs
- Serve as the point of contact for event spaces, transportation, food, and any other services required for programs
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences for the VPSA/DOS and Director of Abele Scholars program
- Provide organizational support to the VPSA/DOS and Director of the Abele Scholars program by keeping calendars current, records in order and preparation for meetings and reports on track
- Support recruitment and orientation of Abele Scholars
- Provide administrative support around the timely and accurate submission of documentation, including credit card reporting, invoices, and receipts for VPSA/DOS and Director of Abele Scholars program
- Coordinates financial reporting for Abele Scholars program and manages check request process
- Support administration of Bear2Bear Emergency Fund
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in higher education setting
- This position demands flexibility and excellent communication skills and as it interfaces with campus and external personnel (parents, alumni and community visitors)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Experience using Colleague or other student information system and Maxient or relevant experience that indicates and aptitude for learning these systems
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivated to take initiative and continue learning
- Excellent multitasking skills. Be ready to assist in any function of the division.
- Ability to produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.