The graduate assistant position for the Ursinus Center for Advocacy, Responsibility, and Engagement (UCARE) assists the Assistant Director of UCARE in working with students, faculty, and staff to create, sustain, and grow civic engagement on campus. The purpose of the graduation assistant position for UCARE is to collaborate across campus more effectively at an increased volume as well as an opportunity for new higher education professionals to gain valuable experience in college civic engagement. The graduate student assists with developing campus workshops/trainings around service & advocacy, UCARE Service Fellow mentorship, and meets with campus partners to strengthen and build collaborations.
This position is 20 hours per week, primarily during business hours with some after-hours events. This position begins in the fall semester and concludes on the last day of the fall semester, with the possibility for contract renewal for the spring semester. The position reports to the Assistant Director of UCARE.
- Meet individually and as a team with UCARE Fellows about their semester programs, campus collaborations, professional development, etc.
- Plan and implement workshops for students, faculty, and staff on topics such as local service opportunities, decolonizing service-learning, research on best practices, etc.
- Develop content for the Ursinus College UCARE website and UCARE Canvas webpage that can reach multiple audiences
- Coordinate, create, and plan content for office’s social media accounts in collaboration with AD & UCARE Service Fellows
- Assist with ` Community Weeks, and additional annual UCARE-led events.
- Collaborate with campus partners on special initiatives
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and current enrollment in a master’s program required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to teach and model good time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in a variety of computer programs such as Office 365, web-based emails/software/applications, and social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram
- Appreciation and empathy for diversity, cultural competency, and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Experience working with college students or non-profits is preferred
- Ability to present to small and large groups
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.