The Coordinator of the W.R. Crigler Program for Student Success provides management and oversight of a program designed to support students, especially those from underrepresented groups, as they transition to their first year at Ursinus. The program begins with a three-week on campus experience and continues through the fall and spring semesters. During the summer experience, students participate in workshops and are enrolled in a four-credit course taught by Ursinus faculty. In the fall and spring semesters, Crigler students participate in weekly study hall sessions and monthly seminars. They also receive mentoring from staff in the Institute for Inclusion and Equity (IIE), and from peer mentors. The Coordinator will work with campus partners to support all aspects of this student experience by developing and implementing internal training and relevant programming, supporting external outreach and community building, and informing diversity recruitment. The Coordinator will also focus on the persistence and retention of Crigler students, further contributing to efforts to foster an inclusive and caring community.
- Provide management and guidance for the W.R. Crigler Program for Student Success.
- Recruit, train, and supervise 6-10 Crigler Peer Mentors/student staff each academic year.
- Coordinate with the Director of the Institute for Inclusion and Equity (IIE), and Academic Affairs to select faculty to teach the summer classes.
- Plan co-curricular programming for the late-July through August Summer Experience.
- Create opportunities for key staff to connect with Crigler students.
- Partner with the Director of the IIE to develop and execute on extending the Crigler program beyond a first-year experience.
- Provide support for student concerns to improve student success and retention.
- Serve as a first-year advisor to Crigler Scholars.
- Coordinate mixers and engagement opportunities with Crigler Alumni (upper class students and Ursinus alumni).
- Host monthly meetings for Crigler Peer Mentors.
- Plan Recharge Study Hall and Leadership sessions.
- Partner with the Institute for Student Success and other offices to proactively address students of concern.
- Serve as a representative for the Crigler program.
- Serve as a representative for the Crigler progam at key institutional events.
- Support the recruitment process by partnering with such offices as Admission, Student Affairs, Inclusion and Community Engagement, among others.
- Collaborate with the leadership of other scholarship programs on campus.
- Manage the budget for the Crigler program.
- Serve on relevant committees.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Development, or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in higher education with a focus on supporting student diversity.
- Demonstrated experience in leading college success initiatives, and/or intercultural programming.
- Possess a genuine appreciation for fostering inclusion and equal opportunity.
- Excellent judgment and organizational skills.
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.