The Berman Museum Exhibition Project Assistant (EPA) is an energetic, collaborative, and extremely organized individual who assists the Berman Museum Executive Director and Creative Director with the planning and implementation of Enrique Bostelmann: Apertures and Borderscapes. The project, supported by a grant from the Pew Center for Arts and Heritage, comprises an exhibition (June-December, 2024), a bilingual (Spanish/English) publication, a bilingual documentary film, and a full suite of community engagement programming over the period of January-December, 2024. This is a temporary, part-time position.
- Works with the Executive Director, Creative Director, Operations Manager, and external partners to plan and coordinate public programs related to exhibition.
- Assists with coordination of logistical needs for guest speakers/program partners, including arranging honoraria, travel, lodging, meals, and any event-related logistics.
- Works with Operations Manager to coordinate and lead tours and programming for educators/students from local school districts.
- Helps to ensure accuracy of exhibition-related information on all publications, in print and online.
- Working with the Creative Director, provides logistical and administrative support in coordinating art shipping.
- Participates in and assists with staff training on exhibition, as required.
- Guides Ursinus students and student interns who work at the Berman with exhibition related assignments as necessary.
- Works with Ursinus College Communications staff to prepare and edit materials to promote, publicize, and interpret exhibition and related public programs.
- Assist with keeping exhibition and related projects/programs on schedule and within budget.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience planning and producing public programming in an arts or non-profit setting
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, remaining calm under pressure, and to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication and accuracy in written communication
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, writing and organization skills
- Ability to work with many constituents at all levels, act independently and professionally as part of the larger team and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs—Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions
- Availability and flexibility to travel as needed
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.