The Music Department at Ursinus College invites applications for a full-time Music Recording Studio and Technology Lab Manager. This is a full-time staff position that will require occasional teaching assignments in Music Technology.
This new full-time, non-tenure track position will assist the Music and Performance and Visual Arts Design and Technology (PVDT) programs in the installation and ongoing organization, management and maintenance of new recording and technology lab facilities. Additionally, this hire will facilitate the recording and documentation of Music department concerts and events and will train a team of student workers to professionally produce live concert recordings. Other duties will include overseeing and managing equipment checkouts to the college community, providing technical support for tech spaces, and assisting with student technology projects (including senior capstone and/or independent study projects). The position will require classroom teaching duties of one course per semester. Assignments include an introductory Music Technology course and an introductory PVDT course or other courses in the candidate’s expertise. Successful applicants will be deeply invested in working in a small department with a focus on student-centered learning, mentorship, inclusive pedagogy, and interdisciplinary collaboration across the college. This position requires occasional weekend and evening commitments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A master’s degree or higher in music technology, recording, engineering or related degree is expected by August 2024.
- Prior teaching experience and mentorship of students.
- Professional/industry field experience as a recording engineer, producer, live sound engineer, etc.
- Expert proficiency in digital audio workstations including Logic, Pro Tools, Abelton, etc and digital and analog hardware including mixers, microphones, control surfaces, etc.
- Experience in the stages of audio production including tracking, mixing, mastering, etc.
- Knowledge of A/V protocols including MIDI, OSC, MADI, Dante, etc.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot software, hardware, and A/V systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A willingness and commitment to work with and train student workers.
- Demonstrated ability to work inclusively with faculty, staff, and students.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and video editing software such as FinalCut Pro or Avid
- Experience with Apple system administration
- Experience in music business, artist promotion, and music marketing
Anticipated Start Date
Applicants should submit the following documents to http://apply.interfolio.com/137504.
- a cover letter that addresses their level of preparation for leadership roles within production lab management, live sound reinforcement support and college classroom instruction
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of contact information for three professional references
- a statement covering their experience in and/or commitment to supporting an inclusive community
Full consideration will be given to applications completed by March 1st, 2024.
More information about our department can be found at https://www.ursinus.edu/academics/music/.
Questions about the position may be addressed to Vicky Riego de Dios at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.