In accordance with the NSF mandate requiring all funded students and postdocs undergo training in the responsible conduct of research (RCR), Ursinus College is adding RCR modules to its already existing CITI training course currently used by the IRB. All researchers, including faculty and students collecting data or those who have access to the resulting data, must complete training in human subjects protection every four (4) years, prior to submission of a proposal for external funding. A copy of the certification of completion for each investigator, including student investigators, will be printed and kept on file with the Office of Sponsored Research. An electronic copy will automatically be sent to the IRB. Ursinus College uses the following on-line training module available via CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) at: http://www.citiprogram.org/
After you are logged in, follow these instructions:
- Click on “New Users Register Here”
- Under “Select your institution or organization”, in the “Participating Institutions” drop down box, select Ursinus College.
- Create your username and password, and select the Learner Group.
- If you are a Faculty member, you will select your role in research as the Principal Investigator. If you are a student, select your role as a Student Investigator – undergraduate.
- Complete the registration process by filling in the required information.
You may proceed with the course at this point, by selecting the RCR module specific to your discipline.
Completion of the entire course may take approximately 2-3 hours. You can log on and off at anytime in the process, however, and do not have to complete the course all at one time. A score of 75% is considered a satisfactory grade.