Take your students to Philadelphia for activities that are part of a course.
What can be funded? Funding is available to take students to Philadelphia for activities that are part of a course. For inspiration, you can refer to this list of Ideas by Department, or you can also visit the Independence Visitor Center website.
You can request reimbursement for mileage for cars, the use of college vans, or the rental of a bus. If college vans are driven by students, please make sure they have completed the training from Facilities well in advance.
The college’s Fleet Vehicle Policy and insurance company requires all faculty and staff either driving college vehicles or driving on behalf of the college, to provide driver’s license information. Annually, the college will review driver records. Please use the link below to provide the requested information.
Arranging for vans and buses:
- Vans: Contact Facilities to determine whether a van is available on the dates needed for your course. The Dean’s Office will send an account number to Facilities for you following approval.
- Buses: Complete a PR form that includes a) the date you need a bus, b) the location and time of pick up on the Ursinus campus, c) addresses for any destinations in Philadelphia, d) pick up time and location in Philadelphia, e) drop off time and location on campus. Send this to the Dean’s office after your request is approved.
How to receive reimbursement to cover costs:
- If you are approved to drive cars, complete a Check Request form and attach a MapQuest document showing the mileage.
- If you are approved to use a van, an account number will be sent to Facilities from the Dean’s Office so you will not need to be reimbursed.
- If you are approved to use a bus, costs will be covered through the PR you send to the Dean’s Office.
Be prepared to include the following information on the attached survey form:
- Your name
- Type of vehicle that is requested
- The number of vans needed if vans will be driven
- The Department, course number, and name of course for the trip
- Your destination(s) in Philadelphia. List all stops.
- Date of trip
- If you are using a van, contact Facilities and indicate if the number you need is available on that date
- Departure time from campus
- Return time to campus
- Number of students who will be traveling
- Additional comments about the trip