Why Use Handshake?
- Jobs & internships for every student
- Recruiters want to talk to you
- Store resumes and cover letters
- Explore organizations and make connections
- Register for career fairs or events
- Additional online career resources
- Request appointments with Career and Post-Graduate Development for
- Career Coaching
- Resume Reviews
- Job & Internship Search
How Do I Begin?
Current students already have a Handshake account. Get Started
Alumni - you have access. Email Career and Post-Graduate Development to get your account updated and set-up to your private email account.
Step 1: Complete your Profile
A completed profile is an essential first step. Why would you want to complete your profile?
There are several reasons.
- You’ll receive more opportunities that apply to what you are looking for on your dashboard.
- We can reduce emails to you by sending you information that matches your preferences, but only if you complete your profile!
- Students with a complete profile are 5x more likely to be messaged by employers.
After you log-in to your account, you will be asked to complete your personal profile. You can also access your profile by hovering on your name/initials in the top right corner and clicking on “My Profile”.
Notice the following prompt at the top of your profile. Take a moment to reflect upon some of the open questions of Ursinus Quest, including “What Should Matter To Me?” and “What Will I Do” to help formulate your thoughts.
Be sure to take your time completing sections pertaining to:
- Your Interests (note that these can be updated as they are further refined in the future)
- Work and Volunteer Experiences
- Organizations & Extracurriculars
Employers who use this site—and there are lots of them—can review your profile. So update your information at least every semester. If you’ve just completed an internship, been inducted into an honorary society, or had a great volunteer experience, be sure to add those to your resume! The Three Must-haves on your Handshake Profile.
Step 2: Meet with a Career Coach
For more help on using Handshake, please MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with a career coach. You can schedule that appointment within Handshake, under “Career Center” from the top right navigation bar, select appointments in the drop-down menu. The click view/schedule appointments. Answer the options that appear and you can when your want the appointment. Your Career Coach can help you create a resume and/or review an existing resume. Once your resume is complete, upload it into Handshake
Step 3: Upload you Resume to Handshake
In Handshake, click on your name in the top right, and select User Settings.
- Click the Documents tab in the top right, then click New Document.
- Complete the form, select the document to upload, and click the Create Document button.
- Note: Making a resume “public” will allow CPD to send it to employers when they request resumes for specific internships and job opportunities at their organization.
Get Useful Career Advice From Other Students
- Explore student Q&As
- View employer and job reviews
- Send a message
Access Handshake On Your Laptop or Phone
Meet with A Career Coach
For more help on using Handshake, please make an appointment with a career coach. You can schedule that appointment within Handshake, under “Career Center” from the top right navigation bar, select appointments in the drop-down menu. The click view/schedule appointments. Answer the options that appear and you can when your want the appointment.