College offices and student organizations can submit slides to be displayed on campus.
- PowerPoint can be used to create your slide. Change the slide size by going to the “Design” tab. Select Slide Size, Custom Slide Size, and then use the settings: width 20”, height 15”.
- Save your slide as a PowerPoint file in order to edit it. When you are finished, select File, Save As and choose the jpeg (.jpg) format.
- If you prefer to create your slide in a graphics program such as Photoshop, set the size to 1920 pixels wide by 1440 pixels high. Save the image in jpeg (.jpg) format.
Submitting Your Slide
Your jpeg file can be uploaded using our web submission form. Be sure to select the Image tab and add the keyword “tvslide” to the image. Slides may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The College Communications office may limit the number of slides on display at any one time to ensure proper exposure.
Please note these guidelines when preparing slides.
- Slides will display for less than 10 seconds at a time, so try to limit the amount of information you include. Be sure to show all important details such as date, time and location.
- Make sure your text is large enough to be visible. Headings should be between 80 and 96 points, with other text between 44 and 60 points.
- Make sure the contrast between the text and background is clear. Avoid complex background images behind text. Dark text on a light background tends to be the most legible.
- Avoid using multiple fonts. A strong sans serif font such as Verdana or Arial is best.
- Proofread your slide for spelling, grammar and accuracy before submitting.